Pages

Saturday, July 9, 2016

Please let me introduce myself, I'm Don W. Maeder

Good afternoon one and all,

Thanks for the opportunity to share with you a little past, a little present, and hopefully a bright future.

February 9, 1964, Ed Sullivan introduced the Beatles to an audience of over seventy million viewers, including me, an eleven-year-old drummer learning the musical skills from my father. However, from the split moment the lads of Liverpool belted out the opening of their first song captured on my tv screen, I knew I wanted to switch off the drums, learn how to play guitar, and sing good old rock and roll to the prettiest girls in the room. Although this decision was a bit hurtful within my dad's prideful heart, it proved to be an ideal move for the greater good in that at the age of fifteen, I became a professional member as guitarist/second vocalist, singing lead and sharing harmonies with dad on rock tunes in his dance band. (No such thing as a musical group with two drummers back in the 1960's.)

To this day, I specialize in performing the most popular hit tunes from the late 50's and 60's, especially favoring best-known music groups during the British Invasion era, including a lot of Beatles' songs. On September 9, 2014, I happily announced the debut of my very first CD, recorded inside my home studio and now available from online retail centers such as iTunes, cdbaby.com, and Amazon.com. Here, I present 14 original selections, every one of them purely dedicated to True Love Passion. Sadly, I've only sold about 70 copies at live events. However, those buyers who return to my shows, tell me my songs are excellent. Each of the fore mention websites allows you a portion to listen in on, of all included love songs, if you're curious. Simply type in Don Maeder at the site’s search window or click the My Shop tab next to the Home tab above.

Another dream I have, is to become a published writer. My first novel, titled Beatlemaniac, a 411-page suspense crime thriller eBook is on target for release this coming July 7th. Already under my belt are first drafts for a 37-page short story about forgiveness, and a 27-page short story about ultimate love. I am also writing a novella for children aged 9-12, of which I only need to finish the very last chapter, likely ending up with 140-pages. My hope is to entertain each of you with song and story that will deliver positive emotions of amazement within.

No comments:

Post a Comment