Pages

Saturday, October 22, 2016

Great Minds Think Alike.


Indeed, great minds think alike, and no doubt we have heard the common quote time and time again. This simple phrase even makes a single appearance as dialogue from the hopeful protagonist within the pages of my first novel, Beatlemaniac. I decided to use the quote as my newest post topic based on a whimsical surprise discovered just minutes ago since writing this piece. To say the least, I’m astounded by the news and how it relates to my eBook, so without further ado, let me clue you in:

As I said, moments ago, I came across a discovery. The finding presented itself through a published article that listed the many different stage names used by our Liverpool idols before they settled on calling themselves the Beatles.  A certain tag, Japage 3, pronounced “Jay-page,” was a title I had never heard, and convinced the most obvious reason points to the fact Japage 3 claims to be one of the earliest labels. Notice the number 3 as proof, just three members––meaning no drummer. Still, a branded term that sat totally unfamiliar to me for the purpose in which they identified their group when hired.

This whimsical surprise encounter has to do with how Japage 3 emerged as their band designation. The acronym makes a superior and brilliant reference to the boy's first names and job title. Thus, it clearly reads, John, and Paul, and George, entertainers.

Here is where the awesome link, “Great Minds,” fits in by means of my potential step closer toward the genius creativity inside my Liverpool heroes. An opportunity fell in my lap and opened a few more doors in spring, 2010, playing guitar and singing oldies hits for restaurant owners and activity directors connected with assisted living facilities. To keep accurate records, these places of business required written invoices for my services. Right then and there, my account statements received Head Title as Don Maeder Entertainment, and remain so to this day. But, that link is just a tiny snippet compared to the second your about to learn.     

Beatlemaniac’s first draft was written during the summer month of June 2009 and completed on New Year’s Day, 2011. The book’s antagonist expands home free methods that unfold the perfect crime and after initial success, he exploits his abundant scheme leaving the FBI’s abilities of pursuit in total disarray. As promised months ago, I refuse to be a spoiler in the storyline plot, however, for those who have read my novel, each will surely vouch, Don Maeder’s mind scaled all hurdles reaching the great minds plateau of John, Paul, and George when it comes to forming a meaningful acronym. 

Except, let’s be real in accordance to one huge difference, and as I climb down off my high horse, remember, dear friends, the lads of Liverpool came up with the sensational abbreviation idea while still in their mid-teens. . . Yours truly finally caught up on the incredible wordplay notion at age 57. Nevertheless, it's cool my fictional acronym nearly matches theirs and did so without a clue.      


No comments:

Post a Comment